Sunday, August 24, 2008

SIPCA on TV

Watched the ABC Arts program this afternoon, and finally got to see the six finalists play. With the exception of Eric Zuber, who I missed because I wasn't home early enough to catch the start.

My perceptions were challenged somewhat. I expected, perhaps from G.W.'s comments, that Takashi Sato would be more theatrical and Tomoki Kitamura more subdued. Certainly in my eyes it was the other way around. Mr. Sato impressed me even further on TV than he did on the radio.

I still believe, even more so now, that Ran Dank was the outstanding artist in the competition. Konstantin Shamray was very fine, but not in Mr. Dank's league. I am still perplexed as to why Tatiana Kolesova was awarded the second prize after her poor showing in the two concerti. However not my decision.

I've been practicing a lot and watching the Olympics, and perhaps partying a little too hard. All of that = tired LadyBlogger. zzzz.

No comments: